Top 5 Snowmobile Lifts
The past few years have seen a rise in the popularity of adventure sports, so much so, that it has become a hobby for people. One such sport is snowmobiling. It’s a sport in which people glide down the snowy landscapes on a motor-driven snowmobile. Besides entertainment, people also use Snowmobile vehicles for transportation purposes in those heavy snowy areas. So, if you are a snowmobiling lover who also owns this motorized vehicle, it is important to have an efficient and durable snowmobile lift.
What is a Snowmobile Lift?
For the smooth functioning of your snowmobile, timely maintenance and servicing are very essential. Oiling the parts, clearing the gears, and ensuring the mobility of the engine requires extra care. However, owing to the complex designing and structure of the machine, it becomes difficult to reach every internal part of the snowmobile. Here come snowmobile lifts to help in this situation. These lifts are designed to help you get to the parts of your snowmobile, which are otherwise hard to service. Like any other lift, snowmobile lifts are used to elevate the vehicle and effortlessly carry out the repair and maintenance work.
What are the factors to consider before buying a Snowmobile Lift?
Finding the most appropriate Snowmobile lift is quite a tough task owing to a large number of options available in the market. But if you know what features you are looking for, it won’t be very difficult. Make a list of positives and negatives as per your requirement and start your search.
- Decide on Dolly or a Lift: First and foremost, you need to decide if you want a dolly or a lift. As mentioned earlier, dollies can only be used to transport your vehicle from one place to another whereas lifts are versatile and can be used to elevate the Snowmobile.
- Weight Capacity: Another important factor to consider is the weight capacity of the lift, which should be in line with the weight of your snowmobile. Besides, if you own more than one snowmobile, it is advisable to buy a lift of the maximum capacity.
- Build Material: The material of the lift and its construction also need consideration from your end.
- Quality of the Wheels: People who want the snowmobile to move without much effort can opt for a lift with wheels. These kinds of lifts work as a dolly while helping in the repair and maintenance work. But make sure that the wheels are of good quality and do not break when loaded with weight.
- Cost: Last but not the least, decide the amount of money you are willing to spend on the specific product and do not exceed the budget.
Comparison of the Top 5 Snowmobile Lifts
To help you find the right lift without wasting much time, we have searched the best options available. Read along to know the features, pros, and cons of the 5 best top-rated snowmobile lifts and make a wise choice.
The Black Ice Snowmobile Body Lift helps in elevating the snowmobiles for better maintenance and repairing. Hand-crank winch operation and pulley system make it an amazing buy. The lift has rubber-padded contact points, which ensures that it does not slip on the floor. Made with heavy-duty steel tubing, the product has a black paint finish. The maximum capacity of this snowmobile lift is 700 lb, and so it is capable of carrying most of the snowmobile models.
- The construction is very strong and reliable
- The rubber pads ensure better grip
- Painted black, the lift looks great
- It is one of the highest-rated snowmobile lifts
- You might face an issue with the instructions
The lift comes with a two-year replacement warranty, is quick in lifting and very affordable. It has a frame lift capacity of 1,000 lb and a height of 28 inches, which are truly appreciable. What’s noticeable is its collapsed height, which is 5.5 inches. It has heavy-duty 5,000 pounds jack with 3/8″ socket for hand crank or drill.
- The lift height and collapsed height is appreciable
- The product comes with warranty slip
- It is worth your money
- It is capable of lifting heavy products
- You can’t count this lift as a multipurpose machine
It is a multipurpose machine and can be used to lift ATVs, motorcycles, and other heavy objects. It can lift objects as heavy as 1500 pounds and has a height of 16.5 inches. It’s easy to operate the lift, as the foot-activated hydraulic pump keeps your hands free for positioning and stabilizing motorcycles and ATVs. It comes with two safety bolts and three-position locking levels that ensure safety and stability. The non-slip rubber pedals and swivel casters made of steel are other plus points of this lift.
- It has a light and durable construction
- The weight capacity is considerably high
- It is stable and secure
- The height is less as compared to many other products in the market
What makes the Extreme Max 5001.5013 Snowmobile Lever Lift Stand one of its kind is the cushioned handle and vinyl dipped bumper cradle. The feature is rarely available in most other products. The two-year replacement warranty is another plus point of the product. Moreover, easy bolt-together assembly, powder-coated steel frame with zinc-coated hardware, and maximum lift height of 33″ are some of the major highlights of this lift.
- It has a very light yet reliable construction
- The lift height is great and will make the repairing process easier
- It has a cushioned handle, which makes the operation easy
- Putting the parts of the machine together might be a complex task in the first attempt
The Extreme Max 5800.1066 Snowmobile Lift is one of the most trusted snowmobile lifts available in the market. It comes with a two-year warranty. The capacity frame is 1,000 lb. and has a heavy-duty 5,000 lb. jack. The 3/8″ socket lifts sleds evenly and quickly. There are rubber lift cushions, tip-up supports, and durable red powder coat finish. The best part of this lift is its 28″ lift height and 5-1/2″ collapsed height.
- It includes lift handle and wheel kit
- It comes with a 2-year replacement warranty
- It has good lift and collapsed height
- The capacity frame of the lift is amazing
- Some customers have complaints in the past about the build material of the lift.
What is the typical cost of a Snowmobile Lift?
The price of a Snowmobile lift depends on the kind of product you want. The more you spend the better features you receive. You may get it for as low as $70 and as high as $400 or even more.
If your budget is below $100, then you might have to settle down for a dolly, which could only be used for transporting the vehicle from one place to another. If you are ready to spend between $130 and $200, you can get a product that would lift the sleds, making it easier to repair the fault in your vehicle. It is much more reliable and flexible. Going a notch higher, a lift worth $300 is like a one-time investment. These come with premium components, exceptional durability, and replacement warranty.
So, based on how much you can actually afford and for what purpose you want the lift, you can make your purchase wisely.
How to use a Snowmobile Lift?
Basically, there are three kinds of models – manual, air, and hydraulic lifts. Of the above-mentioned lifts, the latter two are extremely easy to use. They are automatic and hence, all you need to do is to put your lift under the snowmobile and the rest (lifting up of the vehicle) will be done automatically. The manual system relies on handles and hooks, thereby a little difficult and time-taking to operate. You will be required to attach hooks to your snowmobile and turn the handle in the direction to lift the vehicle. Keep doing it until the snowmobile reaches a certain height and is safely secured in its place. Thereafter, you can repair your snowmobile.